Trying to be Independent

In my own understanding reaching at the age of 20 is where one should start to be an independent. This is the age where a son/daughter should exchange all the sweats and bloods that parents have given, from the time we were born and to what we are now. I know that we cannot totally give back all the sacrifices that has done by our parents, but as practicality and in my own understanding 20 years is enough to be an independent one. And because I am in my 20 now I feel the attitude and mind of being one.

Since I mentioned things about being independent and its summer, I actually applied in one of the companies in the city here in Dumaguete the other week, to have a part-time job. I had all the exams and interviews. After my final interview, the interviewer said that they will just make a phone call if ever I passed.
Unfortunately and I assumed, three weeks of waiting for the call is I think a conclusion that I didn’t pass. That was the first time I applied for a job and it’s a failure. I am stupid if I would say that I’m okay. But having my time with my friends would let you feel better. I could also say that maybe I failed because I am still raw to that thing. Actually from the moment I applied, what comes into my mind is that it’s really hard to get a job and to be an independent.

In my case that supposedly I will graduate this march but unluckily I didn’t…Honestly I feel shy and uneasy about it. Shy especially to my parents where I failed to perform their expectations. I know that they felt bad even though they may act fine every time we talk. This year is supposed to be my last year in college and it is expected that my parents would rest from sending allowance, payments for lodging, and so on. At the same time I also feel uneasy in facing my neighbors which I’m pretty sure that they all had their back fights and humiliations to me--neighbors are really the traitor/contrabidas in my true to life block buster story. Sigh

Back to my job thingy--From the time I failed to get the job where I applied, I learned that being independent is really hard. I may be just tried once but for me it’s enough and I think the job is not for me. God has always the reason why you cannot be in the thing you wish, right? So let it be.

But I would somehow thankful that I didn’t graduate because it would be a double pressure to me. I realize that maybe I’m not yet ready for a job and to the real world. I still have to be ripe like fruit, so that the moment I become ripe, whoever wants to get me as theirs, it would be easier. Schooling is still in my mind really.

As for now, I am extending my stay in the city together with my student pub family. I sleep and wake up as long as I want to, eat as many as I can and as long as I have money to buy some, movie marathon, and of course checking all my accounts as well my friend’s accounts in the net. It’s a little boring but I think these are the things that I can relax my mind to such frustrations.

Ahmmmm…supposedly I am already at home the time when our classes ended, and it ended three weeks ago already. I don’t know why I am still here in the city though; I know that I don’t have any important thing to do. The last time I went home was January and I guess I am omitted at home very long, basing to any ordinary student. Of course I do miss my family if you may ask so, but there is such thing that is banging into my mind still and wanting me not to go home yet.


20 comments:

Kosa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kosa said...

kaya mo yan parekoy!

ang pagiging indipendent eh nagsisimula sa pag-iisip.. paggawa ng mga tama at mga desisyon na kaya mong pangatawanan.. susunod na yung finacial...wag kang atat..bata ka pa..hehehe 20 ka na... ako, nagsimula akong lumayas sa bahay namin at magbanat ng buto nuong 19 ako... taena hndi rin ako graduate.. pero wala na sa isip ko nun ang mag-aral kaya ikaw, mag-aral ka... sayang naman..

I am EXTRAORDINARY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I am EXTRAORDINARY said...

to kosa:

salamat sa advise parekoy...

bata pa ba ung 20?...hehe tanda na nga ehhh.. talaga naman 19 ka na nagsimulang mag banat ng buto..galing ...kaya pala ang laki ng braso mo sa primary pic eh napaaga ang pagbanat mo- jok lng lol.

salamat ulit.

mavs said...

chaks!
with teary eyes pa me wyl magkokomento...

hehe...i would agree with kosa
being independent does not always mean the financial aspect...

it should be on how you grow holistically as a person...

and to the job which u said u never got, y dont u wait a little longer?

its still three weeks,
who knows a call from them
might wake u up this morning...

everything is uncertain in life, as what Joannie often says...
just learn how to play with it...

oh ayan sobrang encouragement na to ha...

I am EXTRAORDINARY said...

to marvin;

naks naman touch ako dun... "simula pa lng ng araw ko ay nabuo mo na kaagad"(with feelings yan huh.)salamat baby ko.(ewww)...hehhe ahmmm...btw salamat rin sa panahon mo at sa advise .

well if ever i'll be accepted and receive the call one of these days it will be good... but if ever it would be on another time or next month i don't think so. lets see.

alam mo naman ako. mababa ang pasensiya...hehehe

tnx.

I am Bong said...

i agree with kosa. 20 something means bata pa... haha. 'wag mo namang ipamukha sa akin na matanda na ako. aw? hehe

btaw, seryoso na...

Patience is a virtue and I hope you will acquire that virtue soon. Do not rush...

Just be patient. Learn to wait. You will have your time soon. You will graduate. You will turn independent. You will have a good job. Hehe

Everything happens for a reason.

I am EXTRAORDINARY said...

to bong:

hehehe.. di naman pinapamukhang matanda gusto ko lng iparating at pinapaalala....hehehe...

salamat ulit, ahmmm well sometimes I really have to rush things so that i cud do whatever i want to do. if only i cud forward my own clock ...i did it already.

"You will graduate. You will turn independent. You will have a good job." I hope it will be tomorrow. hehehe.

well tnx 4 da thought.

Chronicles of Bea said...

gainarte na pud ka friend... hahaha!!
nice post and nakarelate ko.

we have some decisions in life that we have to face in our OWN way.I'm trying hard to be an independent person and to be able to learn everything in my own good. That's life... sometimes you have to face things independently coz not all the times there is someone who can help you resolve those challenges and always there to help you out of it.

in fairness di ko binaboy ang english grammar and i tried my best to do what is the best of it.

I am EXTRAORDINARY said...

to bea:

hayaan mo nlg akong mag inarte.... ehehe. gusto ko kasing mag ka award sa oskar baka ma discover..hehehee.

nakz naman.. ang english hehehe...tnx bea 4 sharing your idea in this post...

cheers =)

Dhianz said...

hmmm... right now i'm in my early twenties... but not totally independent yet...i still live w/ my parents... but although yeah i have a job... well i guess u could say na kinda independent na ren... cuz since i had a job eh akoh na lahat nang gumastos nang personal needs koh... never na nilah akong binigyan... itz kinda cool kung iisipin... pero para saken totally independent 'ung tipong i'll move out from my parent's house and totally be on my own... pero i guess datz not gonna happen till i get married... abah biglang fast foward akoh... lolz... nd baka later akoh pa mag-alaga sa parents koh.... nd usapang schooling.... hayz... i stopped for a while for some reasons kaya it'll take me years pah bago matapos... at least kaw 'ur only 20 kahit papaano eh 'ur almost done... enjoy moh lang buhay moh... enjoy bein' young... hwag kang ganong mag-worry so much... kc as u get older kahit nde moh gusto mag-worry eh mapapaisip ka na lang sa mga bagay bagay... hayz! feelin koh tuloy tanda tanda koh nah.. lolz... nd yeah prayers lang.. lotz of prayers... juz trust Him... siguro nga may reason ba't nde kah pa natanggap sa trabaho... trust His timing... sige... ingatz lagi... hmmm ano bah name moh.. 'la bang nick.. parang ang haba eh... mr. extraordinary... so yeah laterz.. Godbless! -di

I am EXTRAORDINARY said...

to dhianz:

una sa lahat salamat sa pag share ng alamat mo patungkol sa pagiging independent mo.hehehe...ahmmm wat comes into my mind really pag cnabing indepent e una talaga ung financial na bagay, kasi un talaga ung nasa isip q ehhh gastos hehehe... katulad mo na ikw gumahastos sa hilig mo, mabuti kung ganun kasi hindi ka na nakakadagdag sakit sa ulo..

i want it to be that way also since i do have lots of luxuries in my life, im tired and shy at the same time asking those things to my parents... heheh but ngayon pakapalan nlg ng mukha kc alam kong darating din ung time na makakabawi din ako sa kanila...weeeew drama naman to...hehehe

ahmm...salamat uli... ang taas ba ng EXTAORDINARY?...hehe NORIEL nlg itawag sakin first name q naman yan ehhhe... hehehe

Cheers din dhianz.

YULI said...

Thanks for visit my site http://autoinsurance-information.blogspot.com/, see you later.

Jules said...

Ya,i'm with Kosa also.
Maybe you should finish your study first.Mhirap ksi pag dka nkpagtapos.Lalo na ngayon,mrami na nga mga graduate pro la prin work.Phirap na ng phirap ang buhay fren..;D
Bsta gwin mo lang ang tama..
God Bless!

I am EXTRAORDINARY said...

to summer:

salamat sa payo... heeheh.. OO TATAPUSIN KO NA TALAGA TO... hehehe

optimistic dora said...

halowh noh! how's life there? ok rnah noh, i know there's a better opportunity waiting 4 u than teletech.. i know u can do it next time, i trust u. AJAH NORIEL! Gudluck 2 ur lyf and God bless u olwyz & ur family... uli pd oi, hehe...

I am EXTRAORDINARY said...

ahaay... dora u shouldn't mentioned da company... mailhan nya na cla... whahaha... i'll go home dis Wednesday dont wori... and i wont come back anymore... hehehee...

JhuLez said...

i would have to agree to what you feel about not being able to pass the first job application, even though in your case it was only for part-time. grabeh. the feeling, you just cant explain it thru words. ambot. im thinking that you applied at teletech. coz that is the only company that i know that are offering spots for part-time agents. hehe. that's ok gra'me. there is always this so-called second chance. i know i will have mine but not now, and i think you will have yours too. :)

I am EXTRAORDINARY said...

hehe...weeeew...tnx 4 ur thoughts... ahhmmm anyways I'm ok now and i think dis is so much and super oa na. so ok na...hahaha.

bsta...hehehe

Jaypee David said...

hi there... thanks for sharing...

-enJAYneer-
JAYtography: An Online Travelogue